Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fun in the Snow

Well, the retreat was cancelled because of the "big winter storm." Katie called, so Jared and I met Josh, Katie, and Hannah, and Casey at Chili's for dinner. Before we left for Chili's, Jared and I were talking to Pam and Joseph on the phone and Jared declares that they are spending the night. So, after dinner, we came home and waited on Pam and Joseph to get here. By then, we were too tired to do much of anything (we're getting old. Jared and Joseph watched tv and Pam and I dozed on the couch. Saturday I woke up two different times and was disappointed to see no snow. I mean, if we couldn't have the retreat, then it had better snow! Finally, I woke up to stay up and looked out the window and saw snow! Now, I spent 5 years of my life living in PA and it snowed all the time, but it has been 8 years since I've seen the last AL snow. I ran in to wake up Pam and Joseph and just found Joseph. I then found Pam on the couch. She had been up for awhile, showered, cooked, and fell back to sleep (hey, she had a nap the day before!). We ran to the porch in our pj's and marvelled at the snow. It makes you all giddy and child-like! It's a nice feeling! The sad part was the fact that by the time I got showered and dressed, and Jared, too, the snow was fastly melting! We recreated the snow scene. Joseph climbed the trees in the yard and we would stand under them while the snow fell, and one of us took the pictures. We took the hard snow from the cars and had a snowball fight. The bad part was when the hard snowball hit and didn't bust, it stung, but on the other hand, you could pick it back up and retaliate! We had fun!

I've been tagged (see other blogs for rules because Jared is hollering for me to hurry so we can watch Celebrity Apprentice)!


Weird Facts:
1. Everything MUST match.

2. My closets are also very organized, including Jared's (for details see Hannah's Mommy blog to the right).

3. I Have to have a shower first thing every morning! I even shower before I work in the yard. I NEVER leave the house without showering.

4. I make my bed EVERY morning.

5. Everything has its place and when you use something, you really need to put it back in its place when you are finished with it.

Now that you've decided I'm certifiable, I will go!

No comments: