Saturday, June 28, 2008

Six Sensational Years!

June 1, 2008



This is a picture of us on our wedding day, June 1, 2002.

Jared and I have been married for six years today! We didn't get a chance to celebrate because VBS starts today (we ended up celebrating the following Saturday with dinner at Macaroni Grill. It was delicious!) I must say that I am happily married to the most wonderful man who just so happens to be my very best friend! I love my husband and can't imagine my life without him! I love you, Jared!

Today we also celebrated 30 years of service for David and Susan C. and their work at the Maytown/Sylvan Springs Church of Christ! It was a very nice service! It is a rare thing for a preacher to stay at a church for that long. I hope everyone takes the time to be appreciative for the C.'s dedication to work at S.S. C. of C.! I know I am very thankful for them! They are like family to me and I love them very much! Thanks C.'s for all your work!

VBS started today as well. I am teaching the 2's & 3's, Pam is teaching the Cradle Roll, and Jared and Joseph are teaching the 3rd-5th graders. It was a great week, but very exhausting! Rachel G. and I had 8 children who were wild, but precious! I love them all, but they can wear you out! Over the course of the week we had several misshaps, for instance, Hannah C. ate plaster the first night!!!, Ryan G. tried to escape twice, Hannah C. tried to escape once, Levi K. tried to explore the church on the way to the bathroom (but I out-smarted him and sent Rachel after him, she found him in the foyer and set him back in the direction of the bathroom- see, Levi is newly potty trained and hadn't been to the restroom much on his own until now or at least not during church/class), our sun decoration fell down from the wall while I was teaching, we studied Moses and the burning bush and when I used my "God" voice and told Moses to take off his shoes, the class thought it was funny and took their shoes off, too!, one who will remain nameless was not a happy camper and when Rachel asked him if he wanted a snack and handed it to him, he responded by throwing it (we took that as a no :)), another who will remain nameless sneakily would pull chairs out from under the other kids when they would get out of their seats and then try to sit back down, and last, but certainly not least, most every night started out with AT LEAST half the class crying at the TOp of their lungs!!! Needles to say, without these instances, VBS would have been a lot more boring, easier, but boring1 :) I toted my camera every night, but typical me, did not take any pictures. Oh well, I have the memories!

1 comment:

Sydney & Bayley's Proud Mommy said...

hahaha. Loved the VBS Stories. I wanna shake the hand of the kid who threw the snack. lol

Awww I cant believe yall have been married that long. When I think of your wedding I jsut remember being so shocked at how many family members you had and how LOUD they were! lol Your aunts cracked me up! Anyway Happy LATE Anniversary