Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

On Sunday, April 5, 2009, Jared and I had an Easter egg hunt for my Bible class and a few others. We were supposed to have it at our house, but it rained so we ended up having it at the church building. Jared hid eggs in the foyer, nursery, and auditorium. We had a good time!
Jared and I both left our house keys in our car, which was at my parent's house. We had gone to church with them to Ragland that morning. We were running behind because church starts later there, so we went straight to our house to get the supplies for the egg hunt (we rode with my parents.) We had Xander with us. We broke into a window at our house. We put Xander in through the window of our bathroom in our bedroom in hopes that he would run through the house and open the door for us. Well, he is a scaredy cat! We had to coax and beg and bribe him! First, he turned the bathroom light on...beg, coax, bribe... Next, he ran into the bedroom and we were like "Oh yeah, he's gonna do it now!" False alarm! He turned on the bedroom light and then ran back to the bathroom window! Coax, beg, and bribe... he whines a little... we tell him he has to save the Easter egg hunt...he thinks...he tells us he's scared of the dark. Mama says she will give him her cell phone to use as a light. I then remember that I have a flashlight in my nightstand drawer, which is visible from the window. He goes to the nightstand, but can't open the drawer! I tell him to go to the other side of the bed to Jared's nightstand and open that drawer because there's also a flashlight in there. With a little fumbling, he finally got the drawer opened, grabbed the flashlight, and ran back to the window! Yay! Now...a little more coaxing- he's super hero afterall, so he can do this! Dad tells Xander he will knock on the door so he can follow the sound. Xander reluctantly goes out of the bedroom door...and then comes running back saying that the knocking is scaring him! We told him we would stop, but that he needed to hurry or we would be late to the egg hunt! Finally, he runs to the door and starts yanking on it...wrong door... he runs to the other one frantically yanking and...the door opens!!! Dad tells Xander that he is so brave and has saved the Easter egg hunt! Xander replies, "I'm not brave, I'm scared of the dark!" What are we gonna do with him?
In the chaos, I left my camera, so these photos are from my phone. The quality is not that great, but you still can see the smiles on the kids faces!


















No comments: