Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Happy Birthday To ME!!!

I know it has been a long while since I have last posted, but I really haven't had anything important or interesting to say. BUT... today is my birthday and I have a lot to post about...and be thankful for!!!
Sunday night my sister and parents threw together a last minute surprise party for me! They are the BEST! Good thing it was last minute or I might have caught on. I am way to noisy and in every one's (in my family) comings and goings and business!! That's why they LOVE me!!! lol Anyhow, I was totally surprised! I was in a state of shock the whole night! I even received gifts! YAY! I had two sweet moments from the evening. They, of course, involve children because I love kids (why do you think I'm a teacher?) :) Addi and Xander were so excited to say "surprise!" to me. Addi drew me an adorable picture of me and her and it said, " I love you Emily." The other (or is this the third?) highlight was of Xander serenading me with "Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday Mrs. Emily...!" I am very lucky to have such an awesome family and group of friends! I mean, Paul even came and he does not usually frequent with the Sunday night crowd. :) I will post pictures as soon as Pam gets them to me. Thanks Mary for capturing my special moment! You are so sweet and wonderful!
When I woke up this morning, Jared gave me another birthday present! It was a dvd, and don't laugh, but it was High School Musical. I know I am dork, but it really is a cute movie. I mean...I only like it so I will know what the kids in my class are talking about:)
Since my family got my party together Saturday evening, it meant Joseph was not there because he went to visit Chris for the weekend. When I got to my car this afternoon to come home for work, I had a BEAUTIFUL, yellow mum sitting on the roof of my car with a SWEET, Tear-jerking card from the best brother in the whole wide world! I am so lucky! He said he got me mums because I have always acted like his "mum."
Now I am waiting for Jared to get home. He promised to grill me steaks and baked potatoes?! Yum!

7 comments:

Paul said...

Hey! I resent that comment! Consider your morning duty certificate canceled. JK.

Rachel said...

Hey! I hope you had a great birthday. I really enjoyed the surprise party. It was a lot of fun.

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

Happy late Birthday. I thought something was going on when I seen Casey and Jared sneeking around. Kent seen your Mom and Dad get some ice from the ice box. Well take care and May God Bless on your Birthday.

Pam said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday celebration!! It's very easy to throw you surprise parties! Why is that??? I guess I'm just so good at it!!! :) I love you, big sis!!

Rachel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Update already, Emily. My life is not completed without your blog!

Unknown said...

Update!!!! We know you want your birthday to last a while, but come on now!!!