Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mrs. Sanders for President

This was my "make your day" moment for today and I needed it!
I had this student last year, we'll call him D for security purposes. I just love the way he talks and how he says things. His sense of humor is priceless! He visits me at lunch everyday and always has something interesting to say. Now D's mom works at the school as well, and she's a wonderful person, too! Well, today his mom gave me a note and said, "D said for me to give this to you. Now I don't know what it says, so I'm curious." I said I was excited to see what it was. So, I opened it up and D walks up smiling (cause this kid knows I find him very amusing). He said, "Let me read it to you. Now I wrote this back when all that election stuff with the president was going on." He starts reading it, and with some pausing (spelling is not his forte') he deciphers what he has written. When he finished, he folded back up, just so, hands it to me, and says, "I thought you might want to hang this up somewhere in your classroom." I laughed and told him that he had made my day! I told him that I was going to hang it up behind my desk so no one can get it. He smiled and started to walk away, turned to me, and added, "Oh, and by the way, feel free to type it up and correct all those spelling errors. It won't hurt my feelings!"
Now you may have a hard time reading it from the picture or you may notice his name at the top of the paper, so I will write it for "my people of the United States" to read, with all those spelling errors corrected, of course! :)



Mrs. Sanders should be president of the United States because she's honest and is very nice. And has some good handwriting. And spends her money carefully. She will do anything to keep children happy. And she loves the people of the United States. And lastly she is polite.

D, I am so blessed and touched by you!

This is getting framed and hung in my classroom with the spelling errors!

On a side note, I like how D said, "She will do anything to make children happy." How sad that our current president is doing anything to murder or aid in murdering children?

2 comments:

Kim said...

How sweet!

David Courington said...

Just for the record, I did not write this note! But I would vote for you in 2012.