Monday, January 18, 2010

Disney Pajama Party

On Friday,November 20, 2009, I took Xander on a date (Shhhh! Don't tell him cause he'll freak!)to the Disney Store pajama party. I left straight from work and went to pick him up. He was wearing his cool new flannel Transformer pj's and he was so excited! When we got to the mall, we made a stop at JC Penney's restroom. While there, Xander finished before me, and then began looking for me... in the cracks of every stall! I heard laughter, but I kind of thought it was the teenagers just giggling. So, I come out and we wash our hands, and the girls were still laughing. Now I'm wondering what Xander did! Finally I turned to the girls and asked if he peeked in the stalls and they kept laughing and said that he did. I knew I had seen his little feet walk past me and then come back. The girls thought it was funny and said he didn't hurt anything. Xander said, "Emily, I was just trying to find you! How am I suppose to know if I don't look?" Always an adventure...
Well, we started toward Disney Store, but not before we passed Victoria's Secret. Really? Do we have to have the manequins wearing nothing in the windows but underclothes? Xander shouts, "EEWwww gross! It's that girl store! Gross! Their wearing panties!" Whew! We got past that one, but then we encountered the man who sells beauty products, who can barely speak English, who shouts at you as he beams toward you and tries to grab you! Well, that guy began shouting something I couldn't understand at me, but I kept walking. But wait...Xander stops and says, "Hey Emily! That guy is talking to you!" Grrr! Now he's talking to Xander and Xander has no idea what he is saying and why I am ignoring him. I grab him and make a beeline for the Disney Store. Whew! We finally made it! We looked around the store until the party began. First, they colored a Disney Christmas picture until more kids arrived.


Next, they played Disney Pictionary. I thought it was a little too hard for the kids, but the adults had fun!

Next, they listened to the store manager read them Prep & Landing. They were given a snack while they listened.

After the story, they played Disney Pictionary one more time, listened to some Disney Christmas music, and were given Prep & Landing cardboard cutouts, more like paper dolls, but I would never say that to Little Man.
After the pj party, we visited Build-A-Bear, but just looked and also the Lego store. Next, we met Jared at Olive Garden. A lady there was having her birthday celebration and the workers sang to her. Xander asked if they would sing to him since it was his birthday in a few days. So they sang to him and when they were through he wanted to know why they didn't sing it right. They had sung it in Italian! :) Then it was time to go home. We made up "There was an old lady who..." stories all the way home. It was a perfect evening!

1 comment:

Larc said...

I had no idea they had pajama parties at the Disney store. That's pretty neat.

We watched the new Prep & Landing, so cute, although I thought it was a little choppy, could have deserved it's own timeslot for a movie length in our opinion. Found a neat little site which used to have the entire Prep & Landing episode at JuniorToons.

What beach are you guys photographed at? It's very nice...