Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Enoch's Birth Part 4

Sunday, November 14, 2010:
We woke up and found out that Enoch would have a busy morning and I, too! First, he was taken to have his circumcision done. The nurse said he did great! She said they put sugar on his paci and he whimpered just a second and then sucked the life out of his paci. She said that he loved his first taste of sugar! We could tell because he had a ring around his mouth where the paci had left a mark! Next, we told him how we would normally be at church on this day. While Jared showered, I sang him some Bible songs and then when I showered, Jared sang to him. I know it's corny, but we are already trying to fulfill Proverbs 22:6. Plus, it was sweet because Jared didn't know I had been singing to him because I stopped when he got out of the shower because my voice was still hoarse from labor and not having any water for so long. So, when I got out of the shower and heard him singing to Enoch I thought it was so sweet! I told Jared we must think alike because I had done the same thing. Everything seemed normal as I got dressed. Pam had bought Enoch and I matching pj's to wear and so I was excited to put mine on. Jared, with the help of our favorite nurse, Cheri, dressed Enoch in his going home outfit (he put his matching one on later, we took a picture together, and then Enoch spit up ALL over his and so we only matched for a short while), which I sewed myself, because he was to have his hospital picture made. The photographer showed up as I was finishing dressing and began setting up. Suddenly my vision became blurred and I had the worse headache. Remember the incompetent anesthesologist who thought he might have went through my spine for the epidural and then covered himself and said, he didn't think he did? Well he did and I was having the side effect of it! I told Jared how I felt and he called the nurse. She came in and wanted to rule it out as a regular migraine, but I knew that's not what it was. So while Enoch had his picture made, Jared helped and I sat in the recliner with a pained smile on my face. The photographer was real sweet to me, but I told her to ignore me and take his picture because I wanted them to turn out well. She was so kind and tried to hurry! Watching Enoch have his pics made and seeing the one where Jared holds Enoch's head in his hand took my mind off of my discomfort! Anyhow, the pictures turned out beautifully! Well it ended up that I had to have a blood patch done, which by the way, was the worst experience I had while at the hospital! Well the anesthesologist came in and began doing his thing, sloppily I might add! He then said, "The doctor that did this didn't know what he was doing." Jared looked up at him and wanted to say, "Well actually, you were the ya hoo who did it!" But instead, Jared just stared at him! What a ding-dong! Then I had to lie flat for an hour which ended up being time just right as my uncle and cousins had just shown up! After they left, I got up to go to the restroom and discovered that the anesthesologist who did the blood patch spilled blood all over me and I was covered in blood! Luckily the nurse had my gown pulled up to my neck so it didn't get ruined and also lucky I took a quick picture with Enoch in his matching pjs before this all started! After that I just wore the hospital gowns because I didn't want mine ruined.
We had several visitors this day as well!













1 comment:

Jess said...

Enoch's outfit is so cute! You did a great job!