Tuesday, December 19, 2006

My tree is no longer naked!! We finally got it completely decorated Friday! I would post a picture, but I don't know how. We also ahve our inflatable snowman and some lights up outside. Saturday, I finished my Christmas shopping, although I feel like Jared needs more, of course he doesn't! My next big step is to wrap all the presents. Not one single present is under the tree. Maybe in the next day or so. Saturday, Jared gave me an early Christmas present(s). He had to and I surely didn't mind! He got me a pink Razor cell phone, a pink case to carry and protect it, and a pink blue tooth (still trying to figure this one out).
My students have been so good this week. I can't ask for more! They have been good and cooperated and even given me gifts. I received a very teachery gift, which usually is not my stlye. It was from this adorable little boy named Gage. It is a teacher watch. The number 6 is a chalkboard that says "Best Teacher", the middle of the watch is a book that rotates, the long hand is a pencil, and the short hand is a ruler. You might think "dorky" but I feel like I am wearing a trophy on my wrist! You know that I have to wear this everyday for the rest of the week or it will hurt his feelings. He gave it to me first thing yesterday morning and made me open it right in the hallway. I first pulled out a candle from Bath and Body Works (coconut lime verbena) and thought that it was a nice gift. Then Gage told me there was more. When I saw a box that said "Best Teacher" I thought to myself, "Man, I'm gonna have another piece of teacher jewelry and Jared is gonna laugh and tell me to never wear it." It has been my favorite gift thus far. I've gotten other nice things this week, too. Well, let me tell you a litle secret. One student, Jade, brought me a gift today, and I asked her if she wanted me to open it now, or tomorrow at the party. She told me she wanted me to wait. I don't know why I even asked her that! I can't wait. I've never been able to. The excitement eats me alive and I can't stand it. Well, I politely placed the present under the tree in the classroom, where it teased me all day. After school was over, I gave in, and gently unwrapped the gift, just enough to peek inside and see what it was. Tomorrow I will exclaim in a surprised fashion over my new Christmas picture frame!
Today is Jared's birthday, again, but for real this time. He wanted me to fix chicken casserole and invite my parents and siblings over for dinner. We had a good time and watched the movie Elf. My Grandma sent Jared a birthday card yesterday and it said that she hopes this birthday
is as fun as his July one. It was funny! Nothing can top his July one! Today was just a nice reminder. I liked celebrating it in July because I could put more into it, instead of just rushing through it. By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE!!
Well, I better go. If anyone is up for Christmas movie marathon, then stop by anytime! I am always ready! I'll have hot cocoa (white or chocolate) and hot apple cider ready at a minutes notice. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

1 comment:

Paul said...

Emily,

How about post about diaper incident the other night? :-)