Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Parade of Leaders walk always brings tears to my eyes. I guess it is a mix of pride, in my church and church family, excitement, and just being with THOUSANDS of Christians! Oh, and the music doesn't help either! Our banner is the blue and gold one. It was carried by Emily Custred and Braianna Montagano.
My mom won a Jonathan Bourland award. I can't tell if the lighting has made her face red or her face is just red because she gets embarrassed in front of large crowds of people. It's probably the latter.
Here's Jared and I before we left Sunday. We are on the balcony of our room.







This past weekend was one of, if not my very favorite times of year! The Lads-to-Leaders convention! It is so much fun and VERY uplifting! A great time of fellowship, celebration, learning, and spiritual growth. I have been involved in the L/L program for 16 years straight! It's helped me in many aspects of my life! I've learned A LOT from being trained in the L/L program. I'm not afraid to speak or sing or lead or get up in front of people. It gave me skills that I use in my career everyday! I know how to win or graciously loose. I know awards are materialistic and the knowledge and life skills learned make me who I am today. I've gained Bible knowledge, and am still gaining. I've learned to care and do for others because it's the Christian thing to do, because I want to, not because I want to earn a platinum (although it's a good incenitive that teaches you to do so as an adult). L/L literally paid for half of my college, which is where I found my husband, met some of THE BEST people on Earth, and had THE time of my life! If you don't leave the convention on a spirtitual high and completely encouraged and on fire to be better, then something is wrong! Dr. Zorn may be unique, but the program he built is truly training young people all over the world to be the future of the Lord's Church and that is truly magnificent! So, to all my friends out there... here's a huge THUMBS UP!!!! See ya next year, Easter weekend!!!!

5 comments:

Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paul said...

Sorry about that. I didn't mean to sound ugly with that previous comment.

Katie said...

Great pics. You were crying during the Parade of Leaders and I was crying during the Bartimaeus (sp?)! You are right about Dr. Zorn - he is strange but has started a great program.

Granna said...

I especially like the picture of you and Jared. You can tell you are in love!