Monday, June 11, 2007

Vacation Bible School

This past week Sylvan Springs Church of Christ had their VBS. It was a lot of fun and work! Rachel Garrison was my helper in the 2's and 3's class. If you know Rachel you know that she thinks she is clueless when it comes to kids, but she really did GREAT! I had a really good time with her and am trying to convince her to be my helper in that class on a regular basis since we have more kids in their now. We'll see! We had MANY laughs! Kids are hilarious and when you throw Rachel in the mix- priceless! Here are a few things that went on during the week.

Sunday Rachel refused to take a strange kid to the bathroom, but did wipe Xander's snotty nose TWICE! (side note: Xander did his famous stunt of pooping his pants, but neither of us had time to change him until class was over! He didn't smell that bad! Plus we were finger painting and trying not to get it everywhere! Who am I kidding? Rachel wasn't about to even consider changing him!!!) Also, Rachel chased two kids around the room while I attempted to teach the other four!

Monday: We did the story of Jesus feeding the 4,000. We fed them crackers (bread) and Sweddish fish (fish) and learned that gummies or some type of food helps them pay better attention!

Tuesday: By now Rachel was real good at chasing and wiping snotty noses and I could do a better job of teaching uses gummies as bait!

Wednesday: Rachel left the room to get something and Xander asks, "Where is she going?" I replied, "She ran away!" To which he innocently asks, "Is her afraid of us?" lol When Rachel came back I told her what he said and she laughs and says, "You don't know how true that is Xander!"

Thursday: I brought my cousin Chandler who is three the last night. I had to go change a strange kids diaper, then Chandler's. Rachel was reading the story to the class. When me and the potty kids came back, we settled in to hear the rest of the story. After a few minutes of listening, Chandler hollers out to Rachel, "You stink!" Then Xander chimes in with, "Yeah, you stink!"

I will sum the week up by saying this- VBS was a blast and I can't wait til next year!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for all your hard work with the kids in class! I know it isn't easy! Don't think all your hard work goes unnoticed!!

Katie said...

Hee-Hee! I loved hearing your stories especially after Sunday night. You are a great teacher. Although you didn't mention the highlight of the week - Bernice the Bearded Lady. I thought you would be proud. :0)

Emily said...

I need a picture to go with Bernice the Bearded Lady! Plus, she scared my cousin Chandler and he knew right away that it was Jared!

Paul said...

Bernice was Jared? I couldn't tell....