Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Thanksgiving Holidays









We started the holidays off spending Saturday Christmas shopping and then over to Mama and Daddy's for a game night. Monday was the day I ran some errands and got the brakes fixed on my car and also the Good Samaritans met over at Katie's to count the coin banks for Agape and make stuffed animals for either Children's Hospital or for Rainbow Omega, not sure which just yet. Tuesday I actually got to sleep in a little past normal, but then had to have the car aligned for our trip. Then we had church that night instead of Wed. night. I spent the rest of the day packing for the rest of the week. Wednesday Ben, Rachel, Kim, Addi, me, Pam, Joseph, and my mom all woke up bright and early(around 4 and 4:30 am) for Rick and Bubba's annual Turkey Toss! I know, we're not right, and you'll surely think that after looking at the pictures we got!
Then, I did a little Christmas shopping in Hoover, then headed to Montgomery to meet Jared. He was working there for the day, which made our trip seem shorter and miss the traffic since it was around 11 am when we headed to Montgomery. I took a nap in the Stevie B's parking lot until Jared could meet me for lunch, then went inside for lunch. Jared went back to work and so I did a little more shopping until he could get off. Finally, we head to Brundidge to Jared's parents. Thursday we had Thanksgiving dinner at Jared's aunt and uncle's house. That night we went to the Davis's to visit. Friday I woke up at 3:30 am and braved the chaotic crowd with Jared's mom. Then we drove to Montgomery and met Jared for lunch at Jim 'N Nicks before driving to Americus, Ga to see my Grandparents and aunt, uncle, and cousins. We got there in time for dinner. We stayed up late and woke up pretty early Saturday morning to no toilets or showers!!! Happens all the time at their house and its kind of funny, of course, I'm not the one whose got the bad, old pipes problem. My uncle has an outhouse. They own A LOT of land so he can hunt on his own property, so the summer before last he purchased an outhouse to use for our family reunion (it was at their house that year) and to have for when he is hunting. Comes in handy when the plumbing messes up! Lucky for Jared, Joseph, and I because we stayed in my grandparent's camper that stays at my aunt and uncles house for Grandma and Grandad to use when they are snowbirding from PA. Most of us got shower in the camper because it has water hook up. Bad part is you have to HURRY because the hot water only lasts for one person, and that's only if you turn the water off when you lather and in between shampoos. The good part is that it doesn't take long to heat back up because it's not much water! Now, the kitchen sink was connected to a different water source along with the washer, so, I washed my hair in the kitchen sink, then went out to the camper and to a very QUICK shower! It's always an adventure at their house. I had the best time, like always! We came home Sunday night, which was annoying because traffic was horrible. Jared said that we will stay at home for Thanksgiving from now on because traffic is so awful. I know I rambled on and on, but I tried to sum up my break!

No comments: