Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Christmas Cheer


This weekend was full of Christmas cheer! Friday night wasn't exactly Christmas fun, but it was birthday fun! Addi turned five and had a way cool High School Musical party!!! Saturday Jared had to work for a few hours, so I met Ben, Rachel, Paul, and Addi at the PG Christmas parade. The highlights were the big Mayfield cow and the painting of Jesus wearing a santa hat! Just weird! I went home and cleaned and put up Christmas decorations. Then, Jared and I were off to met the Glenn's. I was so excited to see the cousins! They were so cute and fun! I didn't get any good pictures, but my aunt did, so I will see if I can get some and post later. There is an adorable picture of Nolan and me where is has his hand on my face! Stuart gave us a Christmas cd he made. It has quite an eclectic conglomeration, from Kermit singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" to The Chipmunks, Sponge-Bob, The Looney Tunes, The Twisted Sisters singing "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus," to some song that says "..please daddy don't get drunk this Christmas..."??? Sunday afternoon Jared put up the outside decorations while I decorated the tree in the livingroom (other tree goes up tonight). We played Christmas music and everything! My dorkiness has rubbed off on my husband; however, there is one thing he will not change his mind about, The Chipmunks Christmas! He doesn't like them, finds them annoying while I feel it is the best Christmas album ever! That night the girls went to Katie's to watch Hairspray. I really liked it and will have to watch it again soon because I snoozed some throughout the movie!
Last night, Xander was in a Christmas program, and I didn't go, but Joseph did. After hearing about it, I feel I made a mistake and should have went. Joseph said he laughed the whole time, plus he looked handsome in his black corduroy jacket and tie. He refused to wear the vest because he said it was a girls' shirt. Joseph said he stood when the group sat and sat when the group was standing. He exclaimed, during the singing, "Oh look, flowers!" and went over to the poinsettias, away from the group to look at them. Said, "huh?" and climbed down from the stage to better hear the teacher on the front row trying to tell him to get back with the group and sing, in which he replied, "Oh, OK!" He waved at his dad when he noticed him in the front filming and then noticed Jojo in the front taking pictures. He yelled, "Hey Jojo I'm gonna sit with you!" as he proceeded to climb back down from the stage. The teacher and Jojo were shooing him back to the stage. Joseph said that after it was over, they had Xander pose for all these pictures because he looked so handsome. When I get some pictures I will post them. Well, I better go work on the tree. Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I agree The Chipmunks Christmas album is my favorite! I always listen to it when I am decorating the tree!

Pam said...

You're so right! Jared has become just as dorky!!! :D