Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas Rush








A lot of Christmas fun has been going on around here! Last Friday, my class had a filed trip to Tannehill. We saw Santa, a basket weaver, a fish man, an old school room, rode a train, and visited 2 country stores/sweet shops. It was a blast, but I was wore out by the time I got home. When I got home, Jared had a Christmas present waiting on me to open. It was a Sony Walkman ipod! I was so excited! He's so sweet! Silly ole me forgot that it was Jared's work Christmas party. It was my fault, not his. It was his fault that he forgot to mention that it was a very dressy event!!!! I pulled something together!
Saturday was the little kid Christmas party. We had fun playing games, baking cookies, and listening to Christmas music. After the party I brought Addi home. We played Dora UNO and watched The Polar Express. When Jared got home, we were off for Addi's birthday treat-to see The Bee Movie. I was really having trouble psyching myself up for this movie, so as we passed Chuck E. Cheese, I suggested to Jared that we go there instead. He said it was all up to Addi. Well, she was excited for the movie, but WHOA, she was really excited for Chuck E. Cheese and so we went there instead. Maybe we'll go to the Bee Movie when it hits the Dollar Theatre! By the way, CEC has a new game, Deal or No Deal! It is really fun, too! I could be that old grandma that sits there all day and plays, but instead of bingo, it would be Deal or No Deal at CEC! I actually only stood in line for the game twice. Sure, I got a couple of stares, but I was there with an actual kid...I mean she was there somewhere! Don't worry, Jared followed her wherever she wanted to go! Now the question is, what to get Levi for his birthday? I like to give these kiddos a gift that is fun because they are so special. I've only came up with a ride on The Polar Express, but haven't really checked into it to see if the train station is even doing it this year. I better do that now, or I'm gonna have to come up with something else.
Saturday night, late (sorry Kim and Paul) we dropped Addi off and went home. Jared declares that we are opening all of our Christmas gifts as soon as we get home. He shopped while I was at the little kid party. I agreed, as long as we would save our stockings for later. I got 2 beautiful sweaters and short sleeved blouse, which I got to wear Monday because it was so hot! I love when he picks me out clothes! He has such good taste!
Sunday, mama gave us our Christmas money and ornaments. We were all really excited. I am always eager to see what my and Jared's ornaments will be! This year, again, of course, were 2 cute ones! Sunday night was the Christmas get together at church. As always, there was plenty of good eats and I went home stuffed!
Monday I came down with the stomach virus, but made it through the day at work, barely! My class was so good for me, they could tell I was not in the best shape! It lingered on to Tuesday, but as the day wore on, my energy came back, and again, my class was so good! I bragged and bragged to them. I really was thankful because I really shouldn't have been there. It's just that I went to work feeling just fine, but about an hour into school things started going down hill. Anyhow, all is well now!
Tuesday night, Jared came home and stated that we must head to Wal-Mart to get the new Harry Potter movie. So, after dinner, us dorks went to get our movie! When we got back, we decided we had waited long enough and it was time for us to open those tempting Christmas stockings! So, we only lasted 3 days! This year is not exactly a normal Christmas since we will be leaving for Arizona EARLY next Wed. morning! We're traditional, but not. After the stockings, Jared started watching Harry Potter, but I was still tired from being sick and went on to bed.
Today I am a very proud teacher! I got my reading (Dibels) scores back and my class did AWESOME!!! Every child jumped BIG time!!! The test times how many words you can read correctly in one min. My best score increased by 68 words and my lowest (which is still unbelievably sweet) increased by 22 words!!! I was near tears! Out of 18 students, 8 of them read below grade level when tested at the first of the school year! Now I have 1 or 2!!!! They all got a compliment sticker for doing their best! At the beginning of the school year I was a little leery about how tough it would be to help so many who struggled. Now, most of them do not struggle or need extra help anymore, of course, I will still teach them, they just don't struggle and need as intense of a push to succeed, they already have!

No comments: