Monday, May 12, 2008

Graduation Banquet, Mother's Day, and a Walk in the Park

Sylvan Springs Church of Christ Graduation Banquet 2008

The Graduation Banquet is A LOT of work, but very nice in the end. This year was particularly special because our family got to honor Joseph. We are very proud that he has finished and pray that he will now find a good job! :) Here are some pictures of the special night!

The great looking and tasting cakes made by our very own Rachel Garrison!!!



Joseph's cake in Faulkner colors!



I was almost brought to tears when Chandler noticed me before I even knew he was there. He came at me full speed and almost knocked me down! I looked down and it was my cousin Chandler yelling (he's loud:) ) my name over and over! He let me give him lots of kisses hugged me forever! Then came Marley and big hugs with her, too! I have missed them SO much! At one point during the banquet Chandler says, "Emily!" and I reply, "What Chandler?" And with the most adorable smile he said, "I love you!" Sweet!





Proud Mama and her graduate!



I will post more pictures later. Dial-up is SLOW and FRUSTRATING when uploading pioctures!

Mother's Day

I have a very special mother! She is a hard worker in everything she does including her work in the church. She has always been a good example to us! Well, this special mama wanted to eat at Red Lobster, so that is where we went. We had to wait awhile, but it was worth it when we got to sit down and eat! Happy Mother's Day Mama! I love you!


A Walk in the Park

Jared and I have been trying to be healthier. We walk at the walking track several times a week. Today we saw the cutest thing! There was a little girl around 10 years old on a bike wearing her helmet. A little further behind was her mother, wearing a helmet. The mother had stopped and was turned around waiting on someone. It was her mom or "grandma" as she called her. She was on a giant trike, wearing her helmet! The mom said to the little girl, "Slow down and let grandma catch up with us." She was an "older" lady! It was too sweet! I thought to myself that maybe they got bikes for Mother's Day? Who knows? I hope I can bike ride at that age!

No comments: