Sunday, May 25, 2008

Proud!

I couldn't let the day pass without bragging on my daddy! Today he began his duty as an elder in the Church! How proud we all were! He already does all he can for the Lord's church, but now will have more responsibility. Afterwards Xander went up to dad and said, "Congratulations on becoming an alligator!" He meant to say elder, but we knew what he meant! He's a mess!
Yesterday, Jared made a "low country" dish, one we tried when we were in Charleston, SC a couple of years ago. It was shrimp and grits! Personally, I eat them separate, but your supposed to eat them together. Jared has become quite the chef lately! My favorite dishes he makes are breakfast foods. Delicious! I am so lucky to have a husband who will cook and likes it, especially since I hate to!
This afternoon our friend, Randy, called to tell us something funny. He was at Six Flags in LA. This morning he attended worship services at Hollywood Church of Christ and guess who served him the Lord's Supper? Weird Al Yancovich!!! I guess he is a christian!
Tomorrow we are going to Oak Mountain with the Glenns! I can't wait!
Happy Memorial Day to everyone!

2 comments:

Granna said...

Too funny about Weird Al!!! Also, I love the alligator story. I have laughed and laughed about it.

Granna said...

Too funny about Weird Al!!! Also, I love the alligator story. I have laughed and laughed about it.