Friday, December 19, 2008

Xander Spends the Night/PG Christmas Parade

Friday, December 5, 2008, I went and picked Xander up so his dad could go to work. He came home with me and helped me deocrate the Christmas tree and put out my Christmas villages. It was so much fun having him help me! When he walked into the house he exclaimed that my tree was definitely one he thought Santa would leave presents under! He loved looking at the ornaments as I pulled them out, but his favorite was, by far, Jared's Incredible Hulk one! He wanted to hang all the ornaments on the same three branches "where we can see them!" Next we pulled out the Christmas villages. I pulled the step ladder up to the entertainment center and handed the villages to him as I pulled them out. He would oooh and ahhh over them! He thought it was all so "wow!" It was really exciting to experience it with him! Xander also added that he thought it would be fun if he could spend the night and of course I had to agree to it! Then we went to eat at The Fish Market with the regular crowd. I think this is when he realized that Hannah is no longer a baby and that she can speak legibly therefore making her cool to play with! They were so cute together!
Saturday morning Jared, Xander, and I went to the Pleasant Grove Christmas parade where we met up with Katie and Hannah. The two were just precious as they both experienced their first parade! While there we saw Meleah (from church) with the band and Landon (Meleah's brother) with the baseball team as well as several of my current and pass students. When Xander saw Santa go by he got so excited and began trying to yell to Santa that he knew he came to good boys and he had been a good boy! He said it so earnestly that it was so sweet and sincere! True believing! With happy hearts and full bags of candy, we said goodbye and headed home. On the way home I learned a life lesson from Xander. We were driving along quietly listening to Inspector Gadget (for the gazillionth time), when Xander announced that he knew where babies came from. We chuckle and Jared asked him where. He said "See...uhhhhh(imagination working)... when I was a baby...I was floating in some seaweed in the ocean...and and and ...some dolphins were swimming around me ...and and and ...my mama was surfing in the ocean...and see lookes over and saw me floating in the ocean in the seaweed...and and she smiled at me and picked me up and I was hers!" So that folks, is where babies come from! So, if you want a baby, go surfing in the ocean and be on the lookout for babies floating in seaweed!
When we got to the house, Xander "helped" Jared put up our outside Christmas decorations. Those two were so cute! Later, we took him home, picked up Casey, and headed to Andy and Jenny's to watch Alabama get beat by FL.


Decorating the Tree





Xander in the King's Chair at The Fish Market


The PG Christmas Parade




Putting up Outside Decorations




1 comment:

Katie said...

We enjoyed the Fish Market and the parade with you guys. Hannah says Xander is my best frand! So cute.