Monday, February 15, 2010

Jared's 30th Surprise Bday Party

On December 12, 2009, I, with the help of our families, threw Jared a surprise birthday party! It was fun to get together, but real hard to keep a secret! I did, though! In fact, Jared had been doing so much overtime at work and had spent several nights with Joseph in Montgomery, that I almost fooled him! He figured it out on the way to the party! That's ok because we had a good time! I decorated with Alabama everything and a little 30th birthday stuff including a balloon with his name on it. Mama & Daddy made all different types of hot wings (his fav), mama made 3 bread puddings, Pam made over 200 cookies, Jared's mom made pigs-in-a-blanket and rotel and a veggie tray, and Jenny made hot ham & cheese sandwiches. I tried real hard to make cookies and brownies with this silicone Alabama A pan but that thing about beat me! Mama & Daddy got Jared 30 presents and so Jared played this game with all the kids. He had them guess what was in each package. It got rowdy! I even made Jared a video that we watched at the party. We had so many friends and family there which made it special! We really had a good time and were so thankful for everyone who came to help celebrate!






Other things that went on this week that I didn't get pictures of, but want to remember...
Sunday, Dec. 13: Aunt Enola's 90th birthday party and the Christmas Open House at the Courington's.
Saturday, Dec. 19: Jared's actual birthday (he had to work so he could be off for his party which I had to come up with an excuse as to why he couldn't work the previous Sat.)
We also had Christmas with my dad's side of the family that evening. We did something different this year. Instead of drawing names and buying gifts, we exchanged baked goodies. We made enough for every family, so then everyone got to take home a basket (made by mama)of goodies! We had cookies, hot cocoa kits, fudge, chocolate candy, soup kits, peanut brittle, and chocolate suckers. I really enjoyed that idea. We still got all the kids a gift and everyone was so nice to include Xander (he was supposed to come because he needed to stay the weekend with us, but he ended up getting sick.)
Wait! I have two pics from my phone of Marley & Chandler at Christmas!


Sunday, Dec. 20: Christmas dinner and dirty Santa exchange at our church.

No comments: