Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Turkey Toss '09

Early, Tuesday morning, November 24, 2009, Xander and I got up and met Pam and Addi and Kim at Academy Sports where Rick & Bubba's annual Turkey Toss was held. Ok, so we really don't ever expect to win (Pam is our only hope), but we still go for the fun of it. This was Xander's first experience throwing a frozen turkey and I must admit that we won't ever with him either!




While there we saw a couple of clowns who made balloon animals and such.





We also spun a Hillshire Farms meat wheel. I won a football, Xander won a backpack, I think Pam won a football, too, and Kim won the best prize... some bratwursts! Go meat!





There were other games and face painting and meat to taste! The late night and early morning caught up with out little man and he was ready to go.


Pam and I went inside Academy Sports for a while and we began to play. Xander and Pam found a scooter and took it for a spin in the store. When it was my turn, Xander pushed me and I almost ran into a man who was perusing the aisle! I had to fall off so I wouldn't hit him. Pam and Xander thought it was funny!





We left Academy and went over to Target to do a little Christmas shopping.

I left Pam and Xander at Target and headed over to a friend's house where Tracey taught us how to sew. I decided ahead of time that I would sew Jaiden a dress because I thought it would be easier. How hard could a newborn dress be to make? It wasn't! I made Hannah a matching one, too! And... they are reversible! Go me! Come to think of it...I need to put the snaps on them so they can actually wear them...and then make Lila one. Oh! I also taught myself how to make the cutest tutu's, so...I need to finish those, too... Maybe when I finally get my blog up-to-date!
I met Jared, Pam, and Xander at Habanero's after sewing, for dinner. Then it was off to church (our church changed our midweek service to Tuesday because of Thanksgiving.)

No comments: