Thursday, March 18, 2010

ICE! A Charlie Brown Christmas!

As one of my Christmas presents, Jared surprised me with tickets to ICE! I had been wanting to go, but it just gets so busy at Christmas time. I have always been a Charlie Brown fan. I have the BEST husband in the world! We drove up Friday, January 1, to Nashville and spent the night with our good friends, Randy and Tara Nel M. We had fun playing Quelf with Randy and Tara Nel, enjoyed a good meal and good company and went to bed. We woke up Saturday morning (to snow!) and went to Opryland to see ICE! It is so cold for the frozen ice stautues that are set up as scenes from A Charlie Brown Christmas to stay solid. They said the average temp is -8 degrees or less! They give you this giant blue coat to wear over your own coat. It was so pretty! I even stood in line, where I thought my feet were being frost bitten because the steps had a thin little carpet over the ice steps, to ride the giant ice slide. Jared wanted to take my picture so he stayed at the end of the slide waiting for me. When it was his turn, he was too cold and said his khakis were too thin to slide on ice, so we moved to the next room. Next time, we will now to layer more and I will wear my fur lined boots! Thanks Jared! I love you!









* For some reason the picture of me on the slide will not publish to blogger! Oh well! You'll just have to trust me on how cool it was!
Afterwards, Jared and I walked over to the Opry Mills Mall and had lunch at the Shark Reef Cafe. It was so delicious! It was so neat to watch the sharks swim around the tank in the middle of the restaurant as you ate!

3 comments:

Granna said...

Emily,
Surely there are more exciting things to Blog about!

Emily said...

There is! That's why I am catching up!

Chris said...

Nice blog. Glad to see that you had a great Christmas. May this year bring peace and happiness your way