Friday, July 16, 2010

Lad-to-Leaders 2010

We had a wonderfully, uplifting time at the L/L Convention! I am so proud of our kids and all they accomplish! My favorite moment was when Xander drew the VERY LAST number,27, for song leading! He had planned to lead Jesus Loves the Little Children, but after several boys had led it, I guess he spontaneously decided to led some thing else! He got up and said, "I will be singing In Heavenly Armour." We were speechless and began laughing hysterically! I laughed so hard I was crying, I was proud and shocked! Pam didn't even know what song he was talking about! Then he began singing, "In heavenly armour we enter the land, the battle belongs to the Lord..." He didn't know the next line so he kind of hummed through it and then moved on to the chorus that he knew! Afterwards, he said people already led his song so he sang another one. Then he looked at Jared and said, "I noticed that Pam wasn't singing with me. Why?" My other favorite moment was when Levi got up and led his song. Levi has always been a little timid about leading a song without having his dad stand up there with him. Before we left for the convention I spent weeks trying to talk Levi into leading a song at L/L. I promised Hannah, Levi, and Xander that I would take them out for ice cream if they led a song at the convention. Even Hannah, believe it or not, was a little shy about leading a song, too. Anyhow, back to Levi...They called out a number that was a few numbers ahead of Levi's, but sounding close (I can't remember the numbers) and Levi jumped up, said God is So Good, and then started right in singing! We were all laughing, but I was proud because he overcomed his fear and led his song in front of a HUGE crowd, who by the way, did a good job of following along with Levi eventhough he took his turn a little early! I cried tears of joy over that boy! Now he leads singing all by himself at church! I missed Hannah leading singing due to the fact that Xander was the last singer in a big group, but I heard she did fantastic! We went out to Ben and Jerry's to celebrate at the Opryland Hotel! I love my Bible Class kids and am so proud of them! This year I am working on Bayley! I hope we have a convention despite the flood damage done to the hotel, but I hear it doesn't look good! I'm sure we will do something though!













Xander on Easter morning! The Easter bunny knew he spent the night in our room and left his basket there!

No comments: