Friday, July 16, 2010

VBS 2010



This year we had another fun and exciting VBS! Our theme was "Dare to be a Daniel!" Jared and I led a room. Our Bible lesson was Daniel and the Lion's Den. We had several helpers this year! Thanks to Brian, Mary Sue, Shirley, and Nena! We acted the story out each night.
Check out the cute lion marshmellow pops that Mrs. Nena made each night! She is so talented!


Brian as King Darius

Mary Sue as Daniel

Jared as the Governor

I played the part as the Satrap and Shirley was the angel that shut the lions' mouths, but I never did get pictures of us.
The kids made lion masks, played a Bible game, and had worksheets/coloring sheets if time permitted! We had a really good time!



On one night, Jared played the "Lion Whisperer," Ned's friend he brought to VBS!

1 comment:

Noemi said...

Hi Emily, my name is Noemi and I am also a teacher of young minds at Metro Church on the outskirts of New Orleans. We are going to be doing a Daniel & the Lion's Den theme for our "Adventure Week" this summer. I was wondering if you can share some of your decorating ideas with me or maybe the decorations themselves. It would be greatly appreciated.

My number is 504-975-0509.

Thanks,
Noemi Moore