Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Relaxing Saturday

Today has been a nice day, no plans, just diddle dallying around and doing what I want. Jared has been in front of the tv all day watching football game after football game. Casey is here, too. They make me laugh listening to them cheer and holler, not for every game, just The Tide; however, they enjoy all football games, they just really get into Alabama games more.
Joseph called to see if I wanted to go to the bookstore and I said, "Sure!" He, Pam, and Xander came and got me and off we went. We had a nice time. Joseph got a book more on his age level, while I spent my time in the kids section with Xander the whole time. Pam was with us most of the time, but she did visit her age group of books and the cookbook section. We got coffee/hot chocolate/frozen cappucinos at Joe muggs before stopping at Wendys. I bought a Halloween tape of silly songs and we rocked out to that. I let Xander borrow it for the night because he was really enjoying it. It was a relaxing evening with my siblings and our man, Xander!
Looking at all of the Halloween books really got me ready for the holiday! I love Halloween! I want to play fun games at our church Trick-or-Trunk this year, especially because you can only get away with doing so much for Halloween in the public school system. I've read about several fun games and things to do. When I was little, we always had Halloween parades to go to. We also got to wear costumes to school and have a Halloween party and a costume contest. Now we have none of that and I have to get real creative to celebrate the fun with my students.
Tomorrow we have a Lads-to-Leader/Leaderette work day at the church followed by the Area Wide Youth Devotional at Hoover Church of Christ. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Roll Tide! Brian has had fun watching football today too! We hope to see 'yall soon!