Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Church Signs

I love to read church signs. Sometimes they make you think, sometimes they make you laugh, and sometimes they cause you to raise your eyebrow. I pass half a dozen church signs on my daily drives to and from work. Two of my favorite churches have "goodies" on their signs right now. When I say favorites, I mean that in the sense that they put a more eyebrow raising saying up than most other churches.

Church #1

"Dusty Bibles leads to dusty lives"

The grammatical error has irked me everytime I read it and I read it every time I pass it hoping someone has read this out loud and realized their error!
Also, church #1 has had my all-time favorite saying ever:

"Read the Bible, it'll scare the hell out of you!"


Church #2

"Kite Sunday
Come fly high with Jesus!"

I'm curious if this is a poor judgement on the sign writer's part or if I will drive by Sunday and see a bunch of kites! I'll keep you posted because I know my readers (what readers?) are on the edge of your seats with curiousity as well!
*UPDATE* They added this to the sign "Free kite for every child"
I was not in town to see the kite extravaganza, but with the updated sign I must conlude they really were so corny as to actually fly kites!
And David... I must not forget your "goody"...and I say this in a loving way...bless your heart...

"Denial is not just a river in Egypt"

1 comment:

David Courington said...

I may use this quote next week from President Eisenhower,

"Things are more like they are now than they ever were before."

What do you think?