Monday, March 16, 2009

Small Town Goodness

We spent the weekend with Jared's family in Brundidge. We arrived Friday night to eat with the Sanders at a really cute and tasty restaurant in Goshen called "The Barn." It really is in a real live barn. Actually, it is one that Jared's dad and brothers played in and jumped from the loft in. Don't worry, it is nice and clean inside and out. :) There is a big window that faces the back of the barn where you can look out and see an old boat pulled up to the back of the barn. It is filled with water and has goldfish swimming in it. Clever, don't you think? I just loved it! There is a light that shines on it at night so you can see the the fish swimming. The food was EXCELLENT! I had steak, asparagus (fried and grilled because I couldn't make up my mind to which I wanted so the waitress said I'll give you half of each), and country potatoes with cheese (they do not normally come with cheese, but they will add it. I heard Jared's uncle say add cheese and I asked him what did he put cheese on and he said the potatoes, so I told him I was getting that, too.) They know all the Sanders because they eat there on Friday nights pretty regularly plus they grew up there. After we ate, we went out to the big porch full of swings and rocking chairs and visited some more. It was a nice evening! I say all of this to say this, if you are near Goshen, you MUST try this place, it will not disappoint!
Also, if you are ever in Troy, AL, you need to eat at the "Mossy Oak" restaurant. It is in a small, old, one-room school house. It, too, is a rare treat with great food!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

We enjoyed seeing you this weekend...hopefull, we will see you again soon!