Friday, March 06, 2009

Snow Fell on Alabama


James Spann blogged it, therefore I kinda believed it. I was up late Saturday night, probably because I had been sick and had slept a lot, making me not tired or because of the possible snow, at any rate, I was up. I would frequently get up and look out the window, in hopes of snow, but by 12:30 a m, there was still no snow, so I fell asleep. Around 5 a m, I woke up, checked out the window, and there it was...snow!!! James Spann had not let me down! I crawled back in bed, tempted to wake Jared to tell him, and then deciding he would find out soon enough, and drifted back to sleep. At 7 a m, I wake to my cell phone ringing. Pam is exclaiming over the snow, so I peeked out the window again and to my amazement there was a lot of snow! It was falling in big flakes and it was absolutley beautiful! I love snow! Winter is my favorite season! Jared jumped out of bed and looked out another window, as I ran to every window in the house to see the view from different parts of the yard. We hurriedly got dressed and ready for church. It was the beginning of our gospel meeting and what a way start! We made it to church safely. Excitement filled the church. After church, young and old alike met outside (before the fellowship meal) and had a joyous time throwing snowballs and making snowmen and just running around with the snow falling! After lunch, we played some more until it was time for the singing and second service. What a memorable time we all had, with our sisters and brothers in Christ, playing in the snow, fellowshipping with one another, and worshipping God! Who could ask for more?
I must brag on my home congregation here for a minute. I could not have been prouder as I entered church Sunday morning and noticed that most everyone was there! I mean our crowd was not slim in the least! Now I know it was not possible for some to make it and even at that, there was hardly anyone missing! It said a lot to me.
Our gospel meeting was uplifting.
In other news, my dad had an EXCELLENT report from the doctor on Wednesday! God has blessed my dad tremendously through everything he has been through in the last month. He has beat the odds and recovered sooner than expected at best case! He will even start back to work on Monday! Please continue to keep him in your prayers because it will not be easy for him for many reasons, but I have faith that he will do fine! Please pray that everything he has to adjust to will be smooth for him! Thanks!
Enjoy the pictures from our snow day!





No comments: