Saturday, March 07, 2009

Heaven is Rejoicing

A few hours ago, a great, christian man, example, and leader of God's kingdom received his heavenly reward! Our very good friend, Kenneth Crowe, was tragically killed. He has been the ONLY man at Ragland Church of Christ for many years. He has scheduled preachers and young men to preach for every Sunday morning service for years. He leads the singing, prays, teaches class, and serves the Lord's supper to a small group of women that worship there. Many of our men preach there from time to time, mostly my dad, Paul, Casey, and Alex. This was my first church home. My dad was the preacher there when he was in college and stayed there for eight years. In the last 9 or so years, my dad has continued preaching for the people there every first Sunday of the month. These people are like family to us. The last time I talked to him was a few weeks ago to tell him dad was out of surgery. He told me that he was proud of me and that he loved me. Mr. Crowe has called to check on my dad several times since. He sent my dad the kindest card and note a couple of weeks ago. It doesn't seem fair that someone like him should lose his life when he was so heavily depended on by the church there. What will happen to the church there? They cannot afford a preacher. I know he has received his reward for his dedication to the Lord's work; however, he will be greatly missed! His son, who used to help him until he became a preacher, called and told my dad that his dad always said, "If anything ever happens to me, I want Marty to do my funeral." It will not be easy! Please keep the Crowe family in your prayers, as well as, Ragland Church of Christ!

No comments: