Thursday, August 10, 2006

Here we go again!

Tuesday night I tried to do an update and just as I was about to finish the internet connection turend off! Boy was that annoying! When I last wrote I was on my way to the beach. Well, we've been back. While there we ate seafood, bowled, played pool, played putt-putt at the condo (side story- while playing putt-putt I noticed this palm tree that was growing an interesting fruit I've never seen before or least I thought it was a fruit. I looked at this cross between a peach and a plum, but smaller, and, against Jared and his mother's protest, I ATE it! It tasted pretty good and then the after taste came. WEIRD! It was little and orange with a fuzzy skin like a peach and it tasted the way it looked. If anyone out there can tell me what it was I ate I would really appreciate it! I can not take the word of the 2 and 5 year old boys who told me it was called a "juice ball." They were standing there squeezing the juice out.), shopped at the outlets, bowled again and played pool again, and putt-putted at some pirate ship place that was pretty neat. Oh yeah, and we went to the beach once, at night, to walk. Except for Andy, he got mad because no one wanted to go to the beach because it was too hot, so he walked there by himself, and layed out and read. That's right, layed out. He said he was in a competition with his girlfriend over who could get the darkest. That's Andy for you! When we got back, we celebrated Mama's 51st birthday with grilled steaks, fresh cut asparagus, and some freakishly large potatoes that Joseph picked out. Dad ordered a delicious cheesecake from some backery near one of his offices. Last Tuesday, I was supposed to attend a conference on medication dispensing, but when I got to the school, I couldn't find where the meeting was. We were e-mailed the topic, when it was, and what time, but not where. Turns out only a few people showed up, but I didn't get to earn points for renewing my certificate, so now I've got to attend a ton of workshops this year. Oh, well! That night we did yoga at the church building. It was fun, but noisy! Too hard to concentrate and release all my bad toxins and negative energy. Wednesday and Thursday, I attended workshops at Gardendale High School. It was rather enjoyable. I learned a lot, got to ride with Pam, and spend time with my friend Dana from JCA (she changed jobs at the last minute and now teaches at Brookville Elementary). Friday, Pam, Mama, and Joseph came up to the school and kidnapped me. We went shopping and decided to take advantage of the no tax thing and also get Baby Hannah some diapers for her shower that night. It was a nice evening at Kim's! Saturday morning, bright and early, I had to take the Praxis down at UAB. It was crowded, plus I hate tests! Two hours for the test plus one for getting started. The girl next to me told me that she had to take her pills that make her pay attention. I almost asked for some, but decided against it. Just kidding! That afternoon, Pam, Joseph, Jared, and I went to the Rave and watched "Talladega Nights." It was not my favorite and I took a short nap during it. That evening we had a lovely time at the Courington's for our last summr youth devotional. Sunday was Orientation where the students and parents came to meet the teacher. Now I am going to close in case something goes wrong with my computer again because I am not writing this a third time!
Toodles!
Emily

No comments: