Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Yesterday, Pam, Mama, and I went to Bottenfield to see Pam's classroom and to fix it up. It was MESSY! Being the organized, neat- freaks that we are, we had the place shining in no time. Last night, Pam, Joseph, Jared, and I went out shopping. The boys let us off at The Parent Teacher Store. Pam and I bought some things to pretty-up our rooms. It was fun! Today, Pam and I went down to the Board of Education for a 2 hour meeting about insurance. It was useful, but way too long. Plus, the lady was, in the words of another gentlemen at the meeting, "A BEAR!" She was very nasty to me because I asked her if it was ok if I came today, because I couldn't come Friday and she just glared at me. So, I proceded to let her know hat I had been calling her and leaving her messages for two weeks to let her know that I could not come on my assigned day because I would be on vacation, and she had not returned my calls. Then she told me that this was her busiest time of year. I looked her in the eyes and said, "I didn't know what else to do, so I am here now, asking nicely." She glared at me and told me that there might not be enough room, so I would have to stand at the back. I let her know that it was fine with me. Ha! There were about 40 empty seats! I mean, if people are not happy and can't be nice, then they need to find another job! She ended up "thawing" a little bit, but she just looked mean! I also got to sign my contract today. Plus, I found out the greatest news of all... new teachers get paid in August, so I will get TWO paychecks next month!!!! Pam and I went to another teacher store in Trussville called Teaching Things. We weren't rushed. I found everything I needed for now except a Patriotic cd. Hopefully I will find it soon. Now I just have to get this stuff laminated which is difficult because at PGES you have to PAY for lamination! What's up with that??? I worked at a poor school and we could laminate all we wanted and it was FREE! Oh well! Tomorrow, Jared and I leave for Panama City, along with his parents, Granny, and brothers! Fun??!! Bless me, Emily

3 comments:

Paul said...

Yeah, the laminating thing is annoying. The policy was changed last year because some teachers were laminating just about all the students' work.

You should be able to use your classroom donation fund (whatever was left by the previous teacher) to pay for it.

Kim said...

Your loyal readers are waiting on a new post!!

Meredith said...

Please update your blog. This is the only way I know what is going on in Alabama is by all the blogs!!!