Monday, July 10, 2006

Well, I did it! I, too, am now a blogger. My friends talked me into it. I named my blog "The Sanders Files", you know, like the old tv show, "The Rockford Files". I never really watched the show, my parents did though. My sister, Pam, came up with the name for me and I liked it, so here we are! Here is my agenda for today (please be patient, I am boring right now). I have laundry to do, a flip chart to make for my Sunday morning Bible class, an herb garden to plant, and a craft tote to go through (thanks to my Aunt Joyce, I have lots of Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas crafts to make)! I am a teacher, so when school starts back I will have more to say that is interesting. For now, be patient. I don't have my own kids, but I do have a funny story to tell about someone elses child in a moment. But first, about myself. I am 26 years old. I am married to the most wonderful, handsome man there is- Jared Sanders! He is a lot of fun to be around. He always makes me laugh and we have a good time together. He has a laid back attitude that I am jealous of. He hardly ever, if ever, lets things get him down, which I love. He helps me not to fret as well because things work it. So, we are always laughing. We have been married for four years, and have been together and known each other for eight long years. Just kidding, it's been a blast! I taught school at Jefferson Christian Academy for four years and loved it! This past year wasn't the best; however, the children in my class and school were the best, and that made up for the psycho adults I had to deal with. I left behind my precious school to move on to a bigger paycheck. As my friend, Carolyn Windham (who, by the way, gave me the herb garden that I need to plant today) told me all school year, "Emily, when you work at JCA, you give part of your salary to God." Which is kind of true because if it wasn't for the christian part of it and the christian people, I wouldn't have stayed there so long making considerably less money. Now, I will be working in the public school system at Pleasant Grove Elementary School. I hope to get in the room sometime this week to get started. I get to work with my good friend, Paul Kelsey (who has a blog, but I Don't know how to do a link to it... so look him up, he has the best blog). I am looking forward to a great school year! I have two wonderful christian parents, Marty and Susan Glenn, who raised three beauitful (if I say so myself) christian children, Me,my sister, Pam (25 years old) and my brother, Joseph(23 years old). Pam will begin teaching at Bottenfield Junior High. This is her first year and she will do great! Did ya'll know she is smart? She has her Masters Degree! She's single and loaded! Just kidding! Joseph will finish college at Faulkner this coming year with a theatre degree. Joseph brings his friends' son, Xander, lots of places he goes, but most importantly, he brings him to church! Our family loves Xander as if he were ours! Well, now for the story about someone elses kid. After church, a bunch of us went out to eat like we do every Sunday night. Joseph brought Xander along as well. We were at a big table an were all nearly finished eatting when Xander reached his hand out acrosss the table to Joseph and said, "Look, Jojo!" Joseph stares at his slimy green hand and asks,"What is that?" Xander simply replies, "Poopy!" Joseph immediately grabs him up and takes him to the bathroom to begin a nasty clean-up. Everyone was laughing, including the woman who worked at Subway, well, almost everyone, Mr. David Courington had to step outside to keep from being sick! As we peeked inside the men's restroom we saw a neked Xander standing on a paper towel in the middle of the restroom, with Pam cleaning the front of him and Joepsh cleaning the back! I had to ask the Subway man for a bag to put his poopy clothes in. After clean up Joseph carries a diaper-only Xander out to the car as Xander cries, "Where's my clothes, my clothes?!" Pam and Joseph knock on the Hosmer door, Ms. Hosmer answers the door exclaiming at the sight of her naked grandson, "What happened?" Laughing, they had her his poopy clothes in the Subway bag and procede to tell her the story. She apologized, but they told her it was so funny it was worth it. She laughed and informed them that she was going to leave the poopy clothes in the Subway bag on Jason's (Xander's dad) pillow! Then it was off to give Xander a much needed bath! I also have two fun-loving brothers-in-law, Andy and Caleb. Andy has a blog to tell of his mission trip to Victoria, Brazil. He will be home soon, but check out his blog at www.andsand.blogspot.com Also, Caleb returned from a mission, or service -type trip to Honduras where they built about 70 houses and bought tennis shoes to about 50 children in the local orphanage. My sister, Pam, has been on a mission trip to Scotland, and Joseph has tenative plans to do mission work in China for 6 months after he graduates. Maybe one day Jared and I can do something like that. I also have two great in-laws, Harry and Becky whom we got to see last weekend. We also got to see Caleb and talk to Andy. By the way, Caleb really liked my new haircut and that made me feel good because he is young and unbiased to long hair, unlike my dad, sister, brother, and husband, which, by the way, they do like it, they just really like long hair. Oh, and I like it too, MUCH easier to deal with. Props to Billy Courington! Back to my in-laws, they live in Brundidge, AL. It was Caleb's birthday on July 2. He is now 21 years old. It was Mrs. Becky's Birthday on July 5, which is a national holiday and Amercia accidentally celebrates it on the 4th! Also, we got to see Jared's feisty Granny, whom he lovingly calls "Old Woman." In turn she normally would say something like, "Oh you hush!" I guess I better mention Bobo because he is my puppy-in-law. He was having allergy problems and was shaved to help it. He was very clingy, even to me, which I am definitely not an animal person. He was really desperate! Which reminds me of the beautiful cockatiel that my dad found on the side of the highway, chased it around, was bit five times, and then successfully caught and brought home. I am gonna stop the story there because someone lost an expensive pet and we don't want to return him. Haha! One thing about Farley, he loves Andy Griffith, whenever he hears the bars of theme song, he goes ballastic. So every night my family listens to the begginning of the dhow, long enough for Farley to get worked up, and then turns the channel to watch something else. Oh no...I gave a clue to Farley's idenity...please forget that last tidbit!! Got to go! As I sign out for now, I leave you with the words of my friend, Casey Blankenship, "Chiiilll!"

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh Emily...you crack me up!!! I am glad you decided to enter the world of blogging. And the fact that you are making a flip chart...you're killing me. In all seriousness, I would do well to be half as together and organized as you are. The Xander story was really way too much...I would have lost my Subway!

Paul said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. I'll add you to my list on my blog.

Xander's poop incident in unforgettable. Great post.