Monday, July 24, 2006

WEEKEND NEWS
We had a TERIFFIC weekend! My Grandparents, Aunt, and two cousins came in on Friday. I love to see them. They are a lot of fun to be around. We spent part of the night at the Lock-In at church. It was fun, but we didn't want to sleep all day on Saturday with company in town. We played a fun version of Capture the Flag at the Lock-In, thanks to Kim. I had fun playing eventhough I sweated to the point of embarassing! Xander wouldn't let me put him down, so I had to run all over the church parking lot chasing the other team, holding him on my hip. What a work-out! Jared and I left around 2 am. Saturday, we spent time with the family and then headed over to Pump-It-Up for a surprise party for Jared and Joseph. Both were totally surprised! It was GREAT! Joseph thought the party was for Jared and Jared thought the party was for Joseph! I had them both with me, along with my cousin, Dillon. We were to arrive a little late, so we made a prearranged stop at Sam's to pick up some pitures I purposely put in on Monday. Pam told Joseph to stall Jared in the store and I had told Jared to stall Joseph. Never had either one ever been so cooperative in a store before. When we got to the party, Joseph ran in ahead of Jared and I because he didn't want to miss Jared's reaction to the surprise. We heard everyone yell SURPRISE! to Joseph. Joseph shut the door behind him and said to "Be Quiet!" because Jared was right behind him. It took him a second to realize it was for him, too! Then Jared runs in thinking we had missed the surprise for Joseph. Everyone yelled SURPRISE! to Jared, but he thought everyone was just being funny, so he ran back out and ran back in so everyone would yell SURPRISE! again! Finally, Jared realized it was for him, too! It was priceless! The whole evening was a blurr of fun! My family all left for home this morning. I hate when they leave. I have card playing withdrawls. We play cards so much that I become addicted! Last night Aunt Kendra and Grandma wanted to do "a little something" for Mama because her birthday is next week. So after we ate with "The Crowd" at Jacks, we went and bought Sundae cones (Mama's favorite ice cream treat) and put a candle in one a sang "Happy Birthday" to her! Then we all played a card game, Sausage. Then the women played two games of Skip-Bo. It was the end of a nice weekend! My room at school is coming along great. I will hopefully spend most of tomorrow helping Pam in her classroom! Wish her luck!

Adios,
Emily

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I hate that we missed the party...I am sure that Jared and Joseph both were hysterical! I didn't know you liked to play cards. I think we should get a bunch of people together sometime soon and play games and cards...that would be fun!

Paul said...

As long as its not Monoply, Rachel.

Emily, your room looked great! I poked my head around 4 yesterday.

Paul said...

poked my head in your room that is