Monday, July 17, 2006

Tonight I played tennis with Jared, Pam, and Joseph. Jared and Joseph had their own good rackets, but Pam and I had rackets that were good when my dad was a teenager. One even had his name labeled on it. Jared let me use his and he used my dad's 1970 one. Jared and I won, but barely. I kept calling myself Venus, but really I brought disgrace to her name. The last time I played tennis for fun was in college at Faulkner at the tennis courts near the boys' dorms we called "The Ghetto." I wasn't good then and I'm not good now. I did improve or so I was told. I named my team (Jared and I) Venus and Seth because Jared didn't like being called Serena, well, actually he didn't like being called Seth either.
Earlier today I made my first visit to JCA since the last day of school. It felt like another life driving there. This is the longest I have been away from there. I went there to drop off some items for my friend, Julie. I will help her out because she is a good woman fighting a hard battle. I was also asked to bring pictures for the year book. I'm telling ya, that place needs me still. I enjoyed seeing Julie, but I didn't get to see anyone else because a certain man was rehiring two certain women that are bringing the school down in a big way. He just moved them to the middle school without one of them even being qualified. The good people there are not happy. I decided to leave because if I ran into any of the three certain people, I would have had to set them straight on a couple of things and it wouldn't have been pretty. Since I left, I did not end up getting my vacuum cleaner and Bible I left there. The Bible was just a cheap one and I have many more. I guess I will write the vacuum cleaner off as a donation. Oh well, the trip confirmed I have made the right decision.
Tomorrow morning I will meet with Mr. Jacks and get my room assignment. I am excited because I will get to start fixing up my room for school. For those who don't know, it is A LOT of work. The only bad part about tomorrow is that it means my summer is nearing its end and I have enjoyed it immensely.
Well, I have rambled on about nothing, so I will close.
Toodles!
Emily

P.S. Today, Pam and Joseph let Farley (you remember the cockatiel my dad caught on the side of the highway) out of his cage to fly around and get some excercise. Well, he didn't like it and ended up bleeding. So much for trying!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Let me just say, I am so glad you have entered the world of blogging. I am loving reading your life...it makes mine seem so boring!

Kim said...

Who was bleeding, the bird or Joseph and Pam????