Wednesday, July 19, 2006

In My New Room

Yesterday I got in my new room at PG. It's nice, I've got cable TV right in my classroom. I can work for hours and not miss any of my soaps or shows I have become addicted to over the summer. I love that summer TV schedule. Really, I watch something every hour, except noon to one, that time frame is not always consistant, sometimes there is something to watch, sometimes not. Wow, I really am a TV junkie! Back to my classroom... I went in and met about 15 of the new teachers. On our tour of the school I heard a very familiar scream... Levi Kelsey, a familiar face! I snuck to the back of the group and popped in to see the Kelseys, but had to hurry because the group was leaving me. Later Kim, Addi, and Addi's new friend came to visit, also Paul and Levi came to find my room, too. I got a lot done yesterday. Today I had to finish organizing my room. When I was leaving around 4pm, I spied the janitor's tow dolley by the door. So, I decided I would get a load out of my car and take it to my room, then I could bring another load tomorrow. I grabbed my purse and bag and decided to take them to the car with me so it would be less for me to carry. Well, I left the door slightly ajar and headed to the car for my first tote of junk, loaded it on the tow dolley in the foyer, and headed back outside for the last load. (Did you read that I left the door slightly ajar on my second trip out? NO! BECAUSE I DIDN'T !!!) Here I am peering in the door all hot and bothered, staring at my stuff on the tow dolley inside the locked school! I tried the door...Locked! With my hands full of my treasure box and giant bag of decorations, I tried the second door, stubbing my toe on some metal thing screwed into the cement, LOCKED! Ok, I can carry this stuff ALL THE WAY TO THE FRONT OF THE SCHOOL and go in by the office. Oh wait! It's locked, too! I start banging on the door. Nothing! I peek in and see the office lights turned off. Apparently the principals have already gone home. Now my arms are hurting and I have to go ALL THE WAY BACK AROUND THE SCHOOL. I stop by the little door by Mr. Jacks' office. No luck, he did leave. I go and put my treasure box and giant bag of decorations back in th car and try one more time at the doors. I knew there were a couple of teachers still in th building and maybe they would walk by at that moment and let me back in. Nah! All that's there is my stuff, sitting on the tow dolley, waiting for me to come back inside and get it. I get in the car and head for home. Now I have to get there really early tomorrow so no one will get my totes. At least I brought my purse with me, I could've been stranded there for a long time. As I'm driving home I think back to most everything I've ever been new to, something almost always goes wrong. I like to call them little adventures that build character. For instance, I thought back to my very first day of school (11th grade) at a new school. I'm sitting in my first period class and someone comes over the loud speaker saying that a blue Chevy Cavalier left their lights on. That's ME! I panick because I don't even know which door I came in and which one will lead me back to the parking lot. I finally found it and turned my lights out. Before I went back inside I decided to see if my battery was dead, and it was. I found the office and asked to call my dad so he could come and fix it before I got out of school. He did. School lets out and Pam, a friend from church, and I pile into the car. My nerves are shot by this point. I back the car out , without really looking, and into the side of the car that had already backed out behind me and was putting it in drive. I'm thinking, "Are you kidding me? Could anything else go wrong?" Our friend turned to me and told me that the girl I just hit just happened to be the biggest, scariest girl in our grade! Now I'm scared! I get out of the car, shaking like a leaf and ask her if she needed my information. She looked at her car,and turned me and rudely said "No!" Then she got in her car and drove off. Now I have other "adventures" I could recall, but I have bored the blogging world enough.
Ciao!
Emily

5 comments:

Paul said...

Emily, you're hilarious.

Meredith said...

That is a really funny story!!!

Rachel said...

You really are too funny..you should take that show on the road!

Kim said...

I was going to say, "Emily, you're hilarious!" but it looks like my husband and I think alike! But you really are HILARIOUS!!!!!!!

Anita Lynn Tidwell said...

Emily you truly crack me up... I could not live at your house growing up because you, and Joseph together I wouuld never stop laughing..
Lynn