Monday, May 21, 2007

Chris Hosmer is My Hero!


Here's the dish...
I wanted to make my class a video of all the pictures I took over the school year. I was going to do it on Pam's computer because she has the program to do it. I had to wait until after the graduation banquet because she was doing the video for that. She ended up not having enough memory to complete the project so she and Chris had to finish it on his computer. Anyhow, I decided to explore my my computer programs to see if I had a movie maker on here already. I am not very computer savy so this was dangerous. I found a program and began maing this wonderful video that kept tearing me up-my class is so great! I stayed up until after midnight on Saturday. I couldn't finish because the rest of the pics were on my camera, which was in the car, and if you know me, you know I will NOT go outside after dark, I am a terrible scaredy cat! So I decided to go to bed, afterall, I did have church the next morning. Sunday I spent all afternoon working on this video. After lunch and 1 quick bathroom break, I FINALLY finished right before church! I was so proud! Unfortunately, I couldn't get the movie to burn to a dvd. I saved the project and left it up on the computer and went to church. At church I was like "Chris, I really need your help!" He tried and tried, but I had done something wrong saving the movie and he couldn't fix it. Then he tried putting it in another movie making program, but it would only copy the files from Sat., not Sun.'s work. I messed something up. Then, he volunteered to stay up all night and redo it at his house! Wow! I was grateful and guilty! I felt bad, but, if you know Chris you know that he currently has a lot of time on his hands and he is a night owl. He said he didn't mind because he had nothing to do on Mon. He even volunteered to bring it back by the house (I don't think he would have woke up at 7 am when I would have stopped by to get it)! :) At 4:45 am I hear Chris's race car (that's what Xander calls it because he thinks the front grill has a mouth and the car is Lightening McQueen from the Disney movie Cars) in the driveway dropping my movie off, leaving it in the grill on the porch like we had agreed. He saved my day! Naturally, I couldn't go back to sleep because I felt so bad it took so long and I was so grateful I was trying to think of ways to pay him back. Anyhow, my class absolutely LOVED the movie proclaiming that I was the best teacher in the whole world! I had a wonderful day thanks to Chris!!!

2 comments:

Paul said...

Poor Jared.

I thought he was your hero.



Just teasing.

Katie said...

YEAH! I am glad that Chris was able to finish it for you.