Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Just Another Day

My school year is ending and it is slightly sad. I really LOVE my class this year and want to have them again! Jared says I do this every year, which is true, but I can't help but think that my next class just might be rough or hard. I also have a lot of What Ifs, for example, What If Royall's new teacher only sees him as a struggler academically and fails to appreciate his tender heart and good humor? What If Gage's new teacher smothers his crazy antics even if he is a little loud and rambucous? What If Janterica's new teacher only sees that she doesn't do her work eventhough she is very smart and misses that she is unique and hilarious? What If Brendan's new classmates tease him harsely about things kids their age shouldn't even know about? What If Steven's stuttering causes him to be teased? What If Tia and Maurkeycea's new teacher only sees that they are sassy instead of beautiful girls who can be very helpful and kind when they choose to be? I literally tear up as I say good-bye to each child because I truly will miss them? I get so attached each year and it really does take several months with the new class before I start to let go off the previous class and embrace the new one. It's a vicious cycle, but I can't help but think about all of the amazing students I have had the privilege to teach! I am very lucky!

2 comments:

Granna said...

Emily,
This is such a great teacher entry. I wish you had been my 2nd grade teacher. You would have understood that I wanted to color the whole picture, and not just certain parts. My 2nd grade teacher got made when I colored the backgrounds. I have turned into such a wonderful artist that I know she would be jealous!!!! HA HA

Emily said...

Thanks Mrs. Susan! That means a lot!