Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A Sad Night in TV Land







I got goose bumps as I watched one of my favorite shows end tonight and I probably would have cried if Chris had not been here. Gilmore Girls ended tonight! I started watching GG in college, not too long after it first aired. See, I always taped 7th Heaven and then my roommates and I and our fiances would watch it over dinner. Dorky, I know, but serves as a great memory! One night I taped 7th Heaven for too long and what did I record with it? Gilmore Girls! It's funny, but I remember fast forwarding it and watching my other shows I had recorded and then, one night I had nothing to watch. I remembered that show I accidentally recorded and decided to watch it. Seven years later I am still recording and watching the GG (see blinkie). Tonights episode made me want more, like every other episode! Also, last night I watched the finale of 7th Heaven and Surivior Figi! Both of these air on Sundays, so I watch them later, cause of course I am at church! It's that time of year when a lot of good-byes are being said. I start to dread saying good-bye to my class. I really grow attached! You know the feeling, it's sad, but good, too. The one you feel on Easter Sunday when you realize all your year long work is done and the high of the convention is soaring back down, and then you start over, so it's good. Or the feeling you get after spending a week at camp and riding that high only for it to end, but then you always have next year. Or when you graduate college or high school and that chapter ends, but a new one begins. Anyhow, life is good and all good things must come to an end, but new things will begin and be just as good or better. Well, I must close because I am starting to sound like a commencement speech!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I do hate it when they take my favorite shows off the air!