Monday, May 14, 2007

A Whirlwind of a Weekend!

What a weekend! Friday night a group of us spent all evening pricing "treasures" for the yard sale we were having to raise money for ICYC. It is so interesting to see all the things people have. Saturday we got up bright and early and set up for the yard sale. It is A LOT of work, but can be enjoyable, as well as being a good tool to use to speak with others about Christ. I met an interesting lady named Brenda. She shopped the yard sale while I tagged along behind her trying to get her to buy everything she touched. This may drive most crazy, but Brenda loved it! You know how you can just tell when someone will take your crazy antics and have a good time with you? I just love that! You meet the most interesting people that way. As Anne (of Green Gables) would call it, "kindred spirits." I'm not necessarily saying that Brenda was a kindred spirit, but she was fun. Afterall, she did leave and come back to the yard sale three times. She even gave me her phone number and had me call her towards the end of the sale. I invited her to church and she said she would come. Well see, I hope so! Did I mention that she bought a Jesus statue and started kissing it, literally? Sunday was Mother's Day. My Mama wanted to eat at O'Charley's, so we did! It was very tasty! Pam and I gave Mama and Daddy (for Mother's Day, Father's Day, and their 30th Anniversary) a weekend getaway with most expenses paid. They want to go to Savannah, GA. Sounds fun! Jared and I would go there for our 5th Anniversary (together for over 8 years!!!), but they are going the weekend after their anniversary which happens to be ours. Going to the same place your parents are going to for their anniversary could be akward! :) We had a good Mother's Day with my Mama.
Today was a good day. First, Pam bought a house and will close on May 31. My Mama is already "weepy" as she calls it! Also, today, I played wheelchair basketball against people from the Lakeshore Foundation. It was loads of fun! I mean they were spanking us on the court and they had missing limbs! This tells me that I desperately need to get in better shape! Those guys' upper body strength was amazing! They were very nice, as well as, generous on the court! I even scored! It was really rewarding to hear my students yelling for me! It was just like the time I played basketball in High School. The one time I scored all season was so glorious and shocking that I was fighting my huge grin, you know, I was just too cool to grin like a goober just because I scored so my mouth just twisted all crazy! It's funny the things that you remember. I will post pictures as soon as I get them developed and scanned. I forgot my digital camera at home and had to use the old 35 mm in my classroom. I better get off to bed soon. I was pretty tired all day. The yard sale just wore me out! Have a grewat week everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah for Pam!!

Katie said...

It was a long weekend but I had fun! I am happy for Pam. We will have to have a Jam session at her house! :0)