Thursday, August 23, 2007

Scaredy Cat!

I didn't want to post about this earlier in the week because I didn't want some "bad guy" on the internet to track me down and get me! I have been all alone all week long. I am a REALLY big chicken and could never live by myself. I suddenly hear noises that are normally there, but I don't think about them until I am alone. Jared has been in Montgomery all week at his warehouse there. He left Tuesday morning. Tuesday night I was on the phone with him, in the laundry room, and I swear the hot water heater was about to blow up and I was going to burn to death or the house was gonna burn if I was ever so lucky to be away from the explosion! I don't know why, but over the last two weeks I am paranoid that every major thing we own is about to break down and cost us lots of money! I know why though. We spent a lot to have our bathroom remodeled and then about two weeks ago, our good friend from college, Randy, called to say that he was getting married December 22 and Jared is to be in the wedding. Last week we bought the plane tickets to Arizona and it was reasonable; however, we are to be there for 6 days! We will get home on Christmas morning! There are not many people that we would go to the trouble for, but Randy is one of the very few. Now I start to worry over every purchase because it is gonna be an expensive trip at the most expensive time of year! Anyway, back to me being a big chicken, last night, as I was pulling out of the church parking lot, I saw 3 cop cars whiz past at like 100 miles an hour! This gets me rattled because they must be after a "bad guy" and I have always been sensitive to people doing bad things - for example, whenever there was fight in the hall in high school my heart would race and I would just worry over the people. Then my mind starts to going and I think "what if there are "bad guys" on the loose and they are running loose in my neighborhood and I am home all alone!!!!" I promise I am not crazy, it just sounds like! So, I called Jared and made him stay on the phone with me until I was safely dead bolted into the house. Hopefully, tonight, I will hear nothing out of the ordinary. Just me, my soaps on dvr, and a good book (Harry Potter).

No comments: