Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Week's Worth of Activities

It has been a busy and tiring week! Here is what's been going on in the Sanders' home.

Friday night, Mama, Daddy, Pam, me, and Jared went out to eat dinner at Ruby Tuesday (one of my favorite restaurants). By the way, we were seated as soon as we walked in at about 6:30. After that we went over to Aldi's and the Dollar Tree. We had a good time together and laughed a lot. Jared had been away for the week and spent nights alone so he was starving for some socialization, which means he acted crazy! It was fun, though!

Saturday was our day of charity work. Jared played in the ICYC golf tournament and I bowled in the MDA Bowl-A-Thon. That night we all went to see Joseph in "Little Shop of Horrors." It was great! He was the 60 pound puppet of Audrey II, the plant! He was awesome, like always!

Sunday Pam fed us all. She made some delicious chicken tettrazinni and some awful cheese biscuits. lol She can make good ones, but she tried a different recipe and substituted ingredients. YUCK! That afternoon was also a day of charity because I did Pam's laundry for her! lol After church that night we went with the usual crowd to Jacks and it was good.

Monday I attended the viewing of my friend, Mr. Horace. I asked his wife where the peppermint and butterscotch were. She laughed and said if she had thought about it she would have put some in his pockets. It was good to see her and she cried a little when I walked in. Course, I did too. I found out nothing, as far as they know at this point, was wrong with him. They woke up Friday morning. He went to the restroom to get ready for the day and she began cooking breakfast. She kept calling him to let him know that his breakfast was ready. When he didn't respond she opened the door and found him dead in the floor. Just like that! What a shock it must have been for her to have found him like that. He was 79. No funeral, just visitation and a small burial. Mrs. Reanie said he didn't want people standing over him crying and he didn't want a sad service with sad music and all. Well, on with Monday, that night was Open House at the school so I was there until a little after 8 pm. Joseph called me before Open House and asked me to come and eat dinner with him and Pam at her house. I did and it was fun and good!
Tuesday night we went to the Polishing the Pulpit to hear Thom Holland. He was excellent! We got to see some friends from PA, Jody, Evelyn, and Julia Apple. We stayed late and visited with them.
That about sums up my week. I hear Jared is home so I better go and get dinner started!

1 comment:

Anita Lynn Tidwell said...

oh Thomas did some updating...